Have an advocate on your side from day one.
As a new patient at Astera Cancer Care, you’ll be introduced to your Patient Navigator, the person who will help you throughout your cancer journey. Patient Navigators are Licensed Practice Nurses who are specially trained to care for you while you receive treatment for your cancer diagnosis.
Feel at ease with a Patient Navigator on your team.
Patient Navigators help you “navigate” through your cancer journey: assisting with appointments, questions, and support services. They are liaisons between you and your healthcare team, so you can depend on them to help get you the answers you need. They also work with caregivers and loved ones.
Get help and support when you need it.
- Act as the liaison between you and your multidisciplinary team, including your oncologist
- Communicate to your health care providers any questions or concerns
- Relay important information regarding your treatment and results
- Coordinate tests, procedures, or other appointments
- Assist with resources or services that can help you further
Benefit from your Patient Navigator’s care, too.
As LPN’s, our Astera Cancer Care Patient Navigators understand the emotional journey of cancer care. They’re skilled in compassion and passionate about what they do. They’re also incredibly motivated. They get things done for you, responsibility and respectfully, all with the goal to lessen stress and make your journey easier.