Get Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about RCCA’s Central Jersey Division
Please bring the following with you to your first visit to RCCA-CJD:
• Your insurance card
• A form of personal ID (drivers license, passport, etc)
• Physician referral forms if required by insurance
• A list of current prescriptions or over-the-counter medications you are taking, including dose and frequency
• Pertinent information about your medical and surgical history
• Any related X-rays or records you may have
Your physician consultation will generally consist of a physical examination, discussion of medical history and diagnosis, probable plan of care, as well as time for any questions you may have. Initial consultations generally last about 1 to 1.5 hours. It is necessary to have your medical records forwarded to our office in advance of your appointment so your Regional Cancer Care Associates-CJD physician may review them prior to your visit.
We are affiliated with JFK Medical Center in Edison, NJ; Robert Wood Johnson University Hospitals in Hamilton, New Brunswick, Rahway and Somerville, NJ; and Saint Peter’s University Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ. We are not able to treat patients at other hospitals, as we are not on staff.
In the event that you will be receiving chemotherapy treatments, our billing department may contact you prior to your first treatment to discuss assistance programs that are available. In cases of need, we will discuss your options regarding assistance from several organizations. Find out more about financial assistance on our Financial Advocacy page.